4 replies to this topic

#1 shevchi

shevchi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:54 PM

Hi guys,

does anyone know how to disable Ad-Ware loading on start up. I do not mean disabling only Ad-Watch Live!, I do not want Ad-Ware loading in the system tray (the notification area of the taskbar) at all. I searched everywhere, but could not find such an option. It would be amazing if Lavasoft would want to force people to have their programme loaded in the system tray, whether they want it or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 casey_boy

casey_boy

Volunteer Helper/Moderator

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:04 PM

The icon in the system tray loading does not mean that ad-watch has loaded. In fact the way to prevent that is how you have described.

Ad-Aware tray is a program which shouldn't really be turned off. However you can disable it at start-up if you so please by:

Start > Run > type msconfig and then press enter > start up > untick Ad-Aware Tray Application

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *Lavasoft Customer Support

#3 molcat

molcat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:02 AM

Use of msconfig does not answer the problem as it is left in "Selective " mode and the usual popup is received on start up. What we want is the facility to stop the tray function from within the AE program as I think 2008 did. When unticked in msconfig/startup there was a noticeable increase in start up speed on my system.

#4 Banbeano

Banbeano

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:54 AM

You cant disable it with msconfig. The only way to fully disable the system tray icon, is to disable (set to manual) the service. The service is under “Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service.

#5 glnz

glnz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:07 PM

SEE OTHERS' PROBLEMS WITH THIS ISSUE AT
http://www.lavasofts...showtopic=23169

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users