Photo

Registry- how do you remove Lavasoft from the Registry?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Roseanne

Roseanne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:03 PM

Hi,

I need to remove Lavasoft from the registry. How do I do that? It is under Windows, then Start Up Menu 2, under Programs. Do I just delete the file folder?

I have uninstalled all Lavasoft and Ad aware, but the registry still has Lavasolt on it as above. Help please. Thanks.

Roseanne

#2 casey_boy

casey_boy

Volunteer Helper/Moderator

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:36 PM

the registry is quite complex and editting it incorrectly can cause servere problems with your computer.

what you seem to be suggesting deleting though is not in the registry, but rather the start menu, deleting from there is fine. although I'm not sure to what end you want to do this for?

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *Lavasoft Customer Support

#3 Roseanne

Roseanne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:04 PM

the registry is quite complex and editting it incorrectly can cause servere problems with your computer.

what you seem to be suggesting deleting though is not in the registry, but rather the start menu, deleting from there is fine. although I'm not sure to what end you want to do this for?

Casey

Hi Casey,

Thank you for the response. The reason I want to uninstall and get rid of any remnant of the Ad aware antivirus/antispyware is that I want to download Mcafee
antivirus onto my computer and support at Mcafee told me all remnants must be removed. They told me to go to the start menu tab, to run, and then to type in regedit and see if there were any folders with lavasoft or adware, and there is- located as I mentioned on the previous email They said to contact Lavasolft to remove any folders still under this regedit area, as it could interfiere with the Mcafee antivirus programs. So, does that make since, and is it okay to go aheas and delete it?

Also, I understand there could be some hidden folders with Lavasoft in the regedit area. Is that correct? And how do I find them so I can uninstall or delete as well. Thanks. Rosie

#4 casey_boy

casey_boy

Volunteer Helper/Moderator

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:23 PM

Right ok :) that's a little clearer.

firstly, editing the registry can be a little daunting, so I would recommend the following.

Reinstall ad-aware (or if still installed then leave it there), download and run Revo. It's a free 3rd party uninstaller which is very good in cases like these. Uninstall Ad-Aware with Revo choosing the most thorough option. Delete remaining files and registry items with Revo.

Hopefully this should work,

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *Lavasoft Customer Support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users