Posted 08 December 2008 - 03:18 PM
I was using a popular search engine (that starts with G) when I noticed that all the text was a little larger than normal and all the links I clicked on were taking me to a “go” website. The same thing happened with another search engine (that starts with Y).
I did some looking around and it turned out I got some kind of Go Redirect infection. Adaware said my system was clean.
I deleted all of my cookies, temp files, etc. Looked in ad/remove programs and didn’t see anything strange. I ended up having to do a full restore of my system.
It sounds like this is a known infection but adaware didn’t detect it.
Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:50 PM
unfortunately, because of the restore, we can't get you to show us. but i hope that your problem is sorted. if, in the future, you encounter such a problem, let us know and we can help out.
If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users