• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sekure99

sekure99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:15 PM

Ad-Aware free version 7.1.0.11; considering upgrade.
Centrino dual core laptop, 3 GB, lots of empty C space, XPPro service pack 3

McAfee said that I needed to reinstall the Comcast McAfee Security Suite to resolve McAfee problems*. The McAfee download site lists incompatible /uninstall software prior to McAfee Suite reinstall. The incompatible list includes Ad-Aware.

Three Questions:

• Do I need to uninstall Ad-Aware free version (I believe it doesn't run except when manually started) before installing McAfee Suite?

• Will I have conflicts between the re-installed McAfee and Ad-Aware 7.1.0.11? If so, how do I resolve?**

• Will upgrading to Ad-Aware Plus and Ad-Watch after reinstalling McAfee cause conflicts?

Thank you for your help.
---------------
FYI:

*Problem I had with McAfee was occurring when using their file backup utility.

**I noted the forum topic on Ad-Aware scanning McAfee files and the suggestion to go to "Services". I shut down Ad-Aware and clicked on the Ad-Aware services.exe which presented a blank DOS screen. ???)

#2 Pierre67

Pierre67

Valued Member and Beta Tester

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1294 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 01:03 AM

1. If you are running the free version of AAW 2008 there is no reason why you could not remove it before installing the McAfee software.

2. I really don't know as I run AVG Pro.

3. Install free version of AAW 2008 and see if any conflicts arise.

Post back with results.
regards, Peter.

I do NOT use Lavasoft Ad-Aware and do NOT work for Lavasoft. I just monitor the Forum from time to time.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users