3 replies to this topic

#1 Computer wizard

Computer wizard

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:23 AM

The RuneScape Web Client provided by jagex Ltd is now mark as a Trojan with the new definition updates, which is to me is wrong all the web client is act as a browser to play RuneScape without all the clutter a normal browser has.
if you like to test it you can obtain from hxxp://www.runescape.com/runescape.exe
i would upload the file bad I'm not permitted too.

Mod.Edit/data munged for safety/Raziel

Edited by Raziel v. Nosgoth, 24 August 2008 - 06:23 AM.

~*~The more you interact with your security solution the better protected you are - The less you interact the less protected you are!~*~

Need assistance with Stubborn infections? Create a new topic in - HiJack- This forum
Stumbled upon a false positive? Create a new topic in - False Positive - Ad aware forum

#2 LS Pekka

LS Pekka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:42 AM

The RuneScape Web Client provided by jagex Ltd is now mark as a Trojan with the new definition updates, which is to me is wrong all the web client is act as a browser to play RuneScape without all the clutter a normal browser has.
if you like to test it you can obtain from hxxp://www.runescape.com/runescape.exe
i would upload the file bad I'm not permitted too.

Mod.Edit/data munged for safety/Raziel

Hi Computer wizard!

We will investigate this further and if the detected file is considered to be a false positive it will be removed as of the next definition file update.

Regards,

LS Pekka

Lavasoft Research

#3 Computer wizard

Computer wizard

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:11 AM

thank you very much LS Pekka :unsure:
~*~The more you interact with your security solution the better protected you are - The less you interact the less protected you are!~*~

Need assistance with Stubborn infections? Create a new topic in - HiJack- This forum
Stumbled upon a false positive? Create a new topic in - False Positive - Ad aware forum

#4 davidjones

davidjones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:40 PM

Runescape Private Servers are a lot like Runescape, but they usually have "modded" parts, such as better drops, faster exp, and so on. Some Runescape Private Servers are not up 24/7 because they are run off someone's computer. Runescape Private Servers are not at all linked to the real Runescape. They are just "hackers" versions of the same thing, where you have to create a new account and start over.
-----------------------
David Jones

Advisor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users