• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 franciscus

franciscus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:19 AM

For 3 days now, I have been unable to update the def files from any of my computers. After trying for a while I get a Unable to connect to update Server error. I run 32 bit Vista on 2 machines and 32 bit XP SP3 on 2 more. Adaware 2008 is the version installed. AVG Virus scanner, and Spybot S & D is also resident. I also tried the manual download, and got the following error there.

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

Edited by franciscus, 04 August 2008 - 01:20 AM.

#2 dlew

dlew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:34 AM

It appears that several of us have the same problem where we are unable to download any updates for the AdAware Free 2008. I installed AdAware Free 2008 a few days ago and have not been able to downlolad any updates either. I always get a message saying 'no connection to download server' and to check your internet connection. Obviously my internet connection is working or I couldn't send this email. I thought it might have been my internet filter but, I suspended it and still got the same error. I would really like to know what else to try.

#3 dlew

dlew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:35 AM

It appears that several of us have the same problem where we are unable to download any updates for the AdAware Free 2008. I installed AdAware Free 2008 a few days ago and have not been able to downlolad any updates either. I always get a message saying 'no connection to download server' and to check your internet connection. Obviously my internet connection is working or I couldn't send this email. I thought it might have been my internet filter but, I suspended it and still got the same error. I would really like to know what else to try.

#4 Pierre67

Pierre67

Valued Member and Beta Tester

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1292 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:41 AM

Refer to this link.

http://www.lavasofts...amp;#entry83325
regards, Peter.

I do NOT use Lavasoft Ad-Aware and do NOT work for Lavasoft. I just monitor the Forum from time to time.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT!!!

#5 franciscus

franciscus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:36 PM

Refer to this link.

When I click on that link I get the following error.

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:
Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken.

#6 Maelstrom

Maelstrom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:53 PM

Refer to this link.

I also get the same error message.

My burning issue is that I haven't been able to update my SE Pro that is running on several WIN98SE machines since around early May 2008. Do any versions still work with WIN98SE? I am a little torqued because this was paid software...not free stuff. My SE Pro still works on my XP machines.

Maelstrom

#7 LS CalamityJane

LS CalamityJane

Former Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8814 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:46 PM

Hello,

Pierre's link no long works because someone merged/split the topic he originally referred to (and therefore the link changed).

Basically, I believe there were reports of problems at the server this weekend and it is now fixed. So your updates should again be working.

As for updates for SE - please be advised that SE has been discontinued for over a year now. That is why it won't update. You need to uninstall it and look into finding an alternative program for Win 98 (or ME) because although the newer version of Ad-Aware 2008 is still free, it isn't compatible with Win98 or ME.

ATTENTION: Ad-Aware SE Personal users
SE has expired 31 Dec 2007, upgrade to v. Ad-Aware2008 now
http://www.lavasofts...showtopic=16176

Users of Win2k, XP and Vista can just uninstall SE and get the latest version: Ad-Aware 2008 (free, plus or pro, depending on which version you have now)
Please do NOT send Private Messages to Staff or helpers to request assistance! We do not give a personal support via PM The way to request help is to post a NEW TOPIC in the appropriate forum.

Look for the *New Topic* Button near the top right when viewing the forums.

Here in the forums, replies are posted to topics only. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
Plus and Pro Ad-Aware users (only) may use the Support Center for personal assistance:
Support Center

Microsoft MVP/Windows - Security 2003-2009

#8 franciscus

franciscus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:04 PM

Hello,

Pierre's link no long works because someone merged/split the topic he originally referred to (and therefore the link changed).

Basically, I believe there were reports of problems at the server this weekend and it is now fixed. So your updates should again be working.

Yes, I noticed that this morning the update service was working again..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users