• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TKittrell

TKittrell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:25 PM

Try using this free tool from microsoft, it's called windows clean up utility and may work for you.

Download from here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Then save to your desktop > install it > run

Then see if it finds ad-aware (7.0.2.x) if it does click remove.

I'm also having similar issues for Ad-Aware 2007. When I try to use it, I receive the error message:
"System error: 1810 has occurred. Description: Service is not online. Application Terminates."

I then decided to simply upgrade to 2008, so went to uninstall 2007. Here's the error message I received when I tried to do that:
"Error 1720: There is a problem with the Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

I went to the link you provided above, but it only pertains to Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.), Outlook, FrontPage, Publisher, and Project. It mentions nothing about 3rd party software. I'm uncomfortable installing this clean up utility if I don't need to. I do have RegistryFix and have run it in an attempt to fix the issue, but was not successful.

So...now I'm here. :) Basically, I just want to uninstall 2007 so I can upgrade to 2008. Help!!

Thank you for your time,
Tanya K.

#2 Raziel v. Nosgoth

Raziel v. Nosgoth

Advanced Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 3114 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:09 AM

Hi Tanya :D

Please try the following:
1. go to the start menu, click 'Run...' and type 'services.msc'
2. in the services window, locate 'Ad-Aware 2007 Service', select it and click 'Stop'
3. when the service is stopped, try to uninstall again

If you still receive the 1720 error, and are running Windows 2000 or XP, please go to the Windows Script page, download and (re)install the Windows Script. Then try uninstalling again.

If it still won't uninstall try downloading the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from here and run that.

If you're still in trouble, feel free to post back.
Raziel :P
vae victis
( morituri te salutant )

#3 TKittrell

TKittrell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:49 AM

Hi Tanya :D

Please try the following:
1. go to the start menu, click 'Run...' and type 'services.msc'
2. in the services window, locate 'Ad-Aware 2007 Service', select it and click 'Stop'
3. when the service is stopped, try to uninstall again
If you still receive the 1720 error, and are running Windows 2000 or XP, please go to the Windows Script page, download and (re)install the Windows Script. Then try uninstalling again.
If it still won't uninstall try downloading the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from here and run that.

If you're still in trouble, feel free to post back.
Raziel ;)

Thank you, Raziel! I'll give that a try!

Tanya

#4 TKittrell

TKittrell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:58 AM

Okay, I went to 'services.msc', and 'Ad-Aware 2007 Service' already indicated a Service Status of "stopped".

I'm running Windows XP and would like to try the next suggestion you provided, but don't know where to find the 'Windows Script' page you mentioned. I know my way around a computer generally speaking, but that's getting pretty specialized for me. LOL! Can you narrow down its location for me?

Thanks!

Tanya

#5 Raziel v. Nosgoth

Raziel v. Nosgoth

Advanced Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 3114 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:21 AM

Hey :glare:
just try this ...

WINDOWS XP/2000:

Updating Windows Installer

* Please use the link below to visit Microsoft's support website, which will help you resolve the issue.
http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en
* Please restart your computer once you have updated this installer.
* Reinstall the Ad-Aware 2007 software.

Updating Windows Script Hosting

* Please use the links below to visit Microsoft's support website, which will help you resolve the issue.
http://www.microsoft...;DisplayLang=en
* Please restart your computer once you have updated this installer.
* Reinstall the Ad-Aware 2007 software.

Sincere Regards
Raziel :unsure:
vae victis
( morituri te salutant )

#6 TKittrell

TKittrell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:54 AM

Okay, cross your fingers!!