• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bigdog=stoker

bigdog=stoker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:02 PM

Yahoo recently bought a company named "Rightmedia." Rightmedia produces an adware program to cause internet explorer to get popup ads by the hundreds. It uses a program that looks for "ad.yieldmanager.com." And you thought that Yahoo was a safe web portal. Little did you know that they install spyware and adware into your pc. It appears that the program reads the search text that you enter into your search engine and sells popup ads to companies that sell similar products and services. So this is what you get for a "free" web portal. Rightmedia describes their great ad campaign using yahoo on their web site.

I have used Yahoo for may years as my web portal. But with these extremely aggrevating popups, I am considering other possible web portals. Does anyone know if Yahoo has any plans to remove the adware? Does anyone know how to manually remove the adware without downloading some unknown "anti-virus" remover software? I allready use spybot, ad-aware, norton, and mcafee. None of them could clean the pc. Spybot stops the popup ads sometimes, but not always.

Hi bigdog=stoker :D
--download and install 'HijacktThis' from TrendMicro's
--run a scan and copy / paste the log file in your next reply.
Cheerio
Raziel :)

Edited by Raziel v. Nosgoth, 20 June 2008 - 08:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users