• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HenryFoster

HenryFoster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 05:51 PM

Having happily run previous versions od Ad-Aware, I was happy to upgrade to 2008 version, believing that this would be an even better product.

I installed Ad-Aware 2008 free version a couple of months age and cannot now un-install it as it is functionally useless to me.

It will start to download updates and then tell me that updates could not be downloaded.

System Error:1810 has occurred. Description:Service is not online. Application Terminates
OK

since I am permanently on Broadband, I fail to understand what is going on here.

In order to re-install Ad-Aware, I attempted the un-install option which caused the following dialog boxe to emerge:

An error has occurred in Ad-Aware
Component:
TFormError
Access violation at address 005BAACE in module ‘Ad-Aware.exe@ Read of address 00000294
Send this information to Lavasoft Support Team (https://secure.lavas.../supportcenter/)
Ad-Awaqre now terminates.
EAccessViolation
OK

Windows XP pro

So, this program is stuck on my system and no use to anyone.

Help, please

Attached Images

• adaware_crash.jpg

#2 casey_boy

casey_boy

Volunteer Helper/Moderator

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:02 PM

Hi,

Please try this;

Go to Start > Run > type services.msc then run > find Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service

then if it is 'stopped' click start. If it is 'running' click restart.

Then try and uninstall / reinstall. Let me know what happens.

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *Lavasoft Customer Support

#3 HenryFoster

HenryFoster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:36 PM

Hi Casey,
Thanks for that really rapid reply.
I did all you told me to do and Lavasoft didn't appear on the list, so I have re-booted and it still doesn't appear, so maybe the un-installation did take place after all?
Will try downloading and re-installing again.
For now,
Thanks for your advice
Henry

#4 HenryFoster

HenryFoster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:13 PM

That all went fine until the time came to quarantine items when this error message came us and, I suspect, quarantine was not effected:

Component:
TVirtualStringTree
Access violation at address 0053AC12 in module ‘Ad-Aware.exe’. Read of address 00000000D
Send this information to Lavasoft Support Team (https://secure.lavas.../supportcenter/)

Ad-Aware terminates
EAccessViolation
OK

Attached Thumbnails

• adaware_crash_2.jpg

#5 casey_boy

casey_boy

Volunteer Helper/Moderator

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:30 AM

Hi,

Yeah that error has popped up a lot recently, do a quick search of the forums (this one and the Ad-Aware 2008 forum) to read about it.

Have you encountered it again?

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *Lavasoft Customer Support

#6 HenryFoster

HenryFoster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:18 PM

Hi Casey,
Latest scan seems to have gone through without any problems: it also revealed fewer bugs than yesterdays', so I suspect that the items were actually removed despite the rather alarming error message.
Thanks for your help,
Henry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users