• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Archangel1

Archangel1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:02 PM

I've been a satisfied Ad-Aware user user for about 8 years. However, issues not related to Ad-Aware have caused me to move to an Ubuntu Linux platform for my home computer, though still using XP and Server 2003 at work. While I am aware that little or no ad-ware/spyware/virus/malware is currently being written for linux, I am a firm believer in being prepared beforehand, so as not to be the first "victim". Does Ad-Aware have a linux version, or is one in the works. If not, can anyone recomend one? I'd rather stay with Ad-Aware, but if that is not possible, I still need a product for home. All computers I am responsible for at work use Ad-Aware 2007, but for my own computer I have left windows for open source for good.
Al Rowe

#2 casey_boy

casey_boy

Volunteer Helper/Moderator

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:54 PM

Unfortunately ad-aware is for the windows platform only, so no there is no linux version.

I couldnt possibly sepculate if there is one in the pipeline but I doubt it, it would probably be out already.

As to your question of other security software, do a quick search (ie on dowload.com or softpedia.com) and see what is avialable under your platform.

Sorry its not the answer you wanted and I hope you find something you like,

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *Lavasoft Customer Support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users