• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jjlund

jjlund

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 01:52 AM

It gets about 58000 files in and freezes at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software (i cant read the rest after that)..

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing works at all....I have never had trouble until I downloaded an update around 4/18 ever since it freezes...If someone has an idea whats causing the freeze i would greatly appreciate

I have windows media edition

#2 cosmicdot

cosmicdot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 05:06 AM

you're not alone ... drop down a few threads from the one you started to see the one
started by birddog193, "Se Locks Up Will Not Complete Scan" ... I'm a newbie because of this, too B)

http://www.lavasofts...hp?showtopic=98

#3 catrinasmom

catrinasmom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 07:09 PM

I used the Ad-Aware SE Personal for a couple weeks and was so happy, I was about to purchase the next level. then it started freezing during the scan. I have tried every single suggestion in the FAQs and nothing works. I have cleaned and defrag-ed and uninstalled and reinstalled and everything else, but nothing works. When I reinstall, it seems to go farther at first, then the next time I run it (the only way to get out of it is the Windows Task Manager) it goes less far into the scan before freezing. I would like to get back to where I was originally, which was quite satisfied with the program. However, my patience is running out. I will not buy anything that won't even work during the free trial, so please help me if you can!?!?! Thanks!

#4 LS SteveJ (former LS employee)

LS SteveJ (former LS employee)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 10:58 PM

Just to let you know the latest on this... it appears to be a common issue, and we are really trying to get to the bottom of this one... I hope to have an answer soon...from my understanding, this may have been a problem that was introduced in an update around the 18th April.... this is being investigated...

Just to be 100% sure though... I know this is a rather obvious one, but could everyone make sure they are running with the latest definition file SE1R105 build 125

Thanks

//Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users