• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AndyE(UK)

AndyE(UK)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:42 PM

OK, so I'm paranoid, but I like to run more than one Spyware program.

For ages now (ever since Windows Defender came out) I have run AdAware (free version) which I think is a great product and Windows Defender on the same machine with no problems. Within the past 2 weeks, Defender has started giving me false (at least I hope they are false) alerts from within AdAware, firstly with 2007 and now with 2008.

To try and prove that it was the 2 programs interacting, I uninstalled 2007 and ran Defender with no alerts. I then installed 2008 and removed anything it didn't like until I got a clean scan (just shows it finds things that Defencder doesn't) and then ran Defender. Again I got about 8 hits, all prefaced with AdAware. :)

Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone have any ideas. It may be that Defender has to go as I trust AdAware more.

Andy

P.S. I think 2008 continues the tradition of continuous improvement. Well done guys!

#2 Txnnok

Txnnok

Ad-Aware 2008 Beta Tester

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:28 PM

Adaware has to be installed with adminstrator rights. I would also set defender to temporarily to ignore till the install is done. If it still is catching the install for some reason,naturally click allow.
For spyware more than one program is ok, it is more than one antivirus that it creates a problem.

I have never once got a hit on a scan from defender. I have had it catch a couple a bad ones on its own.

Windows 8.1

#3 Linux2009

Linux2009

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:44 AM

Dear AndyE(UK),
Could you try "advanced scan" and then select the ad-aware folder away from the scan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users