6 replies to this topic

#1 casey_boy

casey_boy

Volunteer Helper/Moderator

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:40 PM

I ran a scheduled scan and recieved no feedback from ad-aware - no results posted to me nor when I next opended did a results page open. Hmm...

Nor, by the way could I find a log of the scan...

The I decided because of this I would immediately run a smart scan just to check. The smart can picked up 42 tracking cookies. With the smart scan I did find a log (attached incase anyone wants it).

I would report to Support Centre but at the moment I can't because I can't log-in.

Attached Files

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *Lavasoft Customer Support

#2 Linux2009

Linux2009

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 04:40 PM

Ad-aware 2008 is still buggy cos they just released it.
You have to accept that.

Edited by Linux2009, 25 May 2008 - 04:41 PM.

#3 Linux2009

Linux2009

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 05:10 PM

Did you try reinstalling ad-aware?

Edited by Linux2009, 25 May 2008 - 05:10 PM.

#4 casey_boy

casey_boy

• PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:05 PM

Lol of course I except that, I beta tested :)

Yeah I just tried reinstalling and the same thing happens. Can anyone else verify that this happens with them?

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *Lavasoft Customer Support

#5 LS Tobias

LS Tobias

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:58 AM

When running the scheduled scan - did you see the rotating globe icon in the system tray?

In order for Ad-Aware to remove cookies during a scheduled scan, you need to set it to remove everything with a TAI higher than two. It is also recommended to set the setting Quarantine objects prior to removal (cookies will still not be quarantined, however).

Regards,
Tobias

Attached Thumbnails

• schedscan.PNG

Attached Images

• icontray.PNG

#6 casey_boy

casey_boy

• PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:03 AM

Thanks Tobias,

Yes I do see the rotating globe, but my settings are different. Will try changing them and seeing what happens.

Wouldn't it be sensible to either set these settings as default then or at least set them as default for when running a scheduled scan?

#7 LS Tobias

LS Tobias

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:13 AM

The reason for having these default settings is that we want the user to make the active decision to remove files from his/her computer.

We are aware that this is not obvious to most users, however, and we're looking into ways of redesigning the user interface to make it easier to understand.

Regards,
Tobias

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users