9 replies to this topic

#1 viks

viks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:16 AM

Hey guys,

Is there any way I can stop ad-watch from interfering with my spybot search and destroy program? ;)

The 2007 version was fine, but the 2008 plus isn't compatible.

Thanks

#2 Raziel v. Nosgoth

Raziel v. Nosgoth

Advanced Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 3114 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:28 AM

Hi viks :D
try this...
open Ad-Watch and disable the extended anti-virus engine.
Let us know how it works for you.
Cheers
Raziel ;)
vae victis
( morituri te salutant )

#3 viks

viks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:01 AM

Hi viks :D
try this...
open Ad-Watch and disable the extended anti-virus engine.
Let us know how it works for you.
Cheers
Raziel :D

How do I disable the extended anti-virus engine?

#4 Raziel v. Nosgoth

Raziel v. Nosgoth

Advanced Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 3114 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:06 AM

Hi again :D
right-click the Ad-Watch icon ...
1.JPG

Hope this helps.
Cheerio
Raziel :D
vae victis
( morituri te salutant )

#5 gelert

gelert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:02 PM

Hey guys,

Is there any way I can stop ad-watch from interfering with my spybot search and destroy program? :D

The 2007 version was fine, but the 2008 plus isn't compatible.

Thanks

Hi Viks,

Which bit of your S&D is being interfered with...?

I'm going to guess at the "Tea Timer" - it's a function of S&D that I don't use, and at the moment, AAW 2008 and S&D live quite happily together on my PC.

BTW, in line with Raziel's post, I don't run AAW 2008 with the extended anti-virus engine switched on, as I already use AVG as an anti-virus service.
XP Pro SP3; ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite v8.0.059; WinPatrol Plus v15.9.2008.5; SpywareBlaster v4.1;
Spybot S&D v1.6.0.31 (TeaTimer Disabled); Piriform CCleaner v2.15.815; MBSA x86 v2.1; WICU rubbish;
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe; AMD Athlon Newcastle 64 Processor 3500+; Sata RAID 1 (Mirror) 70Gb Raptors;
Corsair XMS3200 2GB 2x1024MB DDR CAS2; Asus Probe II, and Cool n'Quiet enabled in BIOS.
A little blue thing that goes "Whoop" on alternate Tuesdays.
43-byte ASCII input MD5 = 9e107d9d372bb6826bd81d3542a419d6 = "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"
05 August 2008: ex-SE Plus user; ex-AdAware 2008 Plus user. "So long, and thanks for all the fish...."

#6 lynz

lynz

Ad-Aware 2008 Beta Tester

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:35 AM

Hi viks,
I am using Spybot S & D, with the resident tea timer running and I have not seen any interference from or with Adaware, even with the extended anti virus engine running. Both programs seem to co-exist well on my computer with no compatability problems. What issues are you seeing with spybot? :)

I tell you this, no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

#7 Urbane.Tiger

Urbane.Tiger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:00 AM

Is TeaTimer and/or Spybot blocked in the Adwatch Trusted Programs list - they should both be allowed.

Hi Viks,

Which bit of your S&D is being interfered with...?

I'm going to guess at the "Tea Timer" - it's a function of S&D that I don't use, and at the moment, AAW 2008 and S&D live quite happily together on my PC.

BTW, in line with Raziel's post, I don't run AAW 2008 with the extended anti-virus engine switched on, as I already use AVG as an anti-virus service.

#8 lynz

lynz

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:17 AM

Good point Urbane.Tiger,
Spybot and Teatimer should be Allowed on the RegShield trusted programs list :)

Attached Thumbnails

• Spybot_Teatimer_Trusted.JPG

Edited by lynz, 10 June 2008 - 04:33 AM.

#9 Urbane.Tiger

Urbane.Tiger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:43 AM

my pleasure

BTW - is Pedigree Explorer an InfoHesive "object" (same icon) - I just installed it, if it is InfoHesive would you be interested in sharing your experience

--
TUT

Good point Urbane.Tiger,
Spybot and Teatimer should be Allowed on the RegShield trusted programs list ^_^

#10 lynz

lynz

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:18 PM

Urbane.Tiger
I am not really sure what an infohesive object is, sorry ;)
Pedigree Explorer is a database program for keeping track of pedigree animal breeding. It links the animals that are entered into the database to their ancestors and descendants and generates customized pedigrees (and other forms) based on info in the data base. It also calculates things like inbreeding co-effecients, relationship co-effecients and keeps track of show, breeding and medical records. It has the capablitity to upload the database directly to an online web server(world pedigrees) that allows people to enter a search string and find pedigree info on the animal they are looking for. Excellent for anyone who is into line chasing.

Are you using Breedmate/ PedX? If so, I think you will like working with it, I have used it for 5 or 6 years to maintain a database of 20,000+ cats and manage my breeding program. It is one of the better pedigree software programs I have run. It is easy to use, intuitive, can convert data from other programs, has 40 or more user defined fields and the support is great. PM me if you want more information, I'd be happy to tell you anything you want to know :D

Edited by lynz, 11 June 2008 - 06:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users