• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Phil Scadden

Phil Scadden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:10 PM

Install Adaware 2007, Free version, but when I double-click the icon all that happens is hourglass showing for around 30secs, disk spins and ... nothing.
Tried double-clicking the executable in the folder. Same result. Check event log, nothing. Service is started. This is on Windows XP, fully patched.

As an aside, put adaware 2007 on because the SE version stopped updating. When you do connect, it does the connect, retrieving update, gets to 5% and says "error retrieving update". Every time. Manually downloading and installing the DEF file works. (And adaware SE only finds tracking cookies).

#2 GeertVc

GeertVc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:33 AM

Install Adaware 2007, Free version, but when I double-click the icon all that happens is hourglass showing for around 30secs, disk spins and ... nothing.
Tried double-clicking the executable in the folder. Same result. Check event log, nothing. Service is started. This is on Windows XP, fully patched.

As an aside, put adaware 2007 on because the SE version stopped updating. When you do connect, it does the connect, retrieving update, gets to 5% and says "error retrieving update". Every time. Manually downloading and installing the DEF file works. (And adaware SE only finds tracking cookies).

I'm having exactly the same situation. Any news on that subject?

Best rgds,

--Geert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users