1 reply to this topic

#1 niteowl

niteowl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 04:31 PM

Hello, I'm new to this forum.

I want to uninstall Ad-Aware 2007, but it will not let me. I've tried to uninstall it a few ways. First, I went through control panel, add/remove programs. But while it is listed amongst the programs, I can not click on the remove button. Also, it does not display how big the program is. I've tried in safe mode, and same problem. I also went to my menu, and clicked on the uninstall link, but it told me there was not enough space on disk to write uninstall. I think that's what it said.

I've manually tried to remove all Ad-aware files, but one of them can't be deleted, aawservice.exe, which tells me it may still be in use.

I am a computer novice, so dealing with this sort of thing is a little new to me. I already have another anti spyware program on my computer, so I think I'll just use that. Really, I just need to get rid of Ad-aware so I can free up disk space on my already crammed computer.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

#2 niteowl

niteowl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:00 PM

Hello, I'm new to this forum.

I want to uninstall Ad-Aware 2007, but it will not let me. I've tried to uninstall it a few ways. First, I went through control panel, add/remove programs. But while it is listed amongst the programs, I can not click on the remove button. Also, it does not display how big the program is. I've tried in safe mode, and same problem. I also went to my menu, and clicked on the uninstall link, but it told me there was not enough space on disk to write uninstall. I think that's what it said.

I've manually tried to remove all Ad-aware files, but one of them can't be deleted, aawservice.exe, which tells me it may still be in use.

I am a computer novice, so dealing with this sort of thing is a little new to me. I already have another anti spyware program on my computer, so I think I'll just use that. Really, I just need to get rid of Ad-aware so I can free up disk space on my already crammed computer.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Should I end the process for Ad-Aware through the Task Manager?. Can anyone at all offer some help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users