• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Seifer

Seifer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:24 AM

Hi there, I need some help as i really got confused and angry on the ad aware personal coz no matter what i just cant uninstall it and i get the message saying cant find install.log file and i have follow the faq section to guide us how to uninstall but none of them worked at all and i was also following a guide on a post which i lost the link that told us to download the ad aware personal from filehippho and try to uninstall from there but now the problem is after i done that, i got 2 ad aware personal installed and on the start menu, only one of the ad aware has this uninstall option but it just says this action is only valid for products currently installed and i got angry since i got 2 of them installed, the last resort i went into the registry and delete the whole lavasoft folder, guess what to my surprise the two ad aware is still there....i even downloaded the micu from microsoft to remove the adware but guess what, nothing works....can someone tell me how to get rid of this software on my pc....

#2 Seifer

Seifer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:00 PM

can someone help me out, i cant uninstall the previous version and i want to install ad aware 2007....thanks in advance

#3 jc836

jc836

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 11:35 AM

This is something that can happen when you no longer have the .log files. It is also an issue when you cannot use the Add/Remove Programs feature in Control Panel. There is hope in this case tho.
You need to try to uninstall the one that is listed in Add/Remove first. Then go to you C:\Programs folder and Delete the Ad Aware folder(s). Make sure that all references of this type are removed. Restart your computer. Now to the tricky part.
First: try using CCleaner to find and remove any Registry entries that are now orphaned and restart the computer again. If and only if this does not work there are few choices that I can think of except
Editing the Registry is Dangerous-You Do So at your Own Risk!
With that said and if and only if you really know what you are doing-you can go into the dregistry and delete ALL references to Lavasoft and AdAware. This should resolve the problem you are having.
Remember that this is a last resort so be very careful.
good luck

#4 Raziel v. Nosgoth

Raziel v. Nosgoth

Advanced Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 3114 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 02:05 PM

Hi Seifer :blush:
Only to make it clear.
Ad-Aware SE is still installed ?
Let me know.
Then I can give more help.

If you choose to clear the regestry >>> BACK UP your system.

Cheerio
Raziel :(
vae victis
( morituri te salutant )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users