• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TheBusDriver

TheBusDriver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:32 PM

Please can anyone out there help me with this one? I have file 61.0000 and I click to check for updates where it tells me a file is available? I click to update and when updated I do not have the new file 62.0000 so again I check and it says update available? I follow the same as before and it says update done yet still no new file, so why will Adaware not update? The recent problems are really putting me off using this product does anyone else have the same issue and more important is there a fix? Please help, starting to get very frustrated with Adaware?
Regards
TheBusDriver

#2 finkjsc

finkjsc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:41 AM

Please can anyone out there help me with this one? I have file 61.0000 and I click to check for updates where it tells me a file is available? I click to update and when updated I do not have the new file 62.0000 so again I check and it says update available? I follow the same as before and it says update done yet still no new file, so why will Adaware not update? The recent problems are really putting me off using this product does anyone else have the same issue and more important is there a fix? Please help, starting to get very frustrated with Adaware?
Regards
TheBusDriver

I am having the exact same problem too.

I also have 61.0000. Update stays there is a new version (I assume 62.0000) so I download it and it finishes without problem but the version number stays at 61.0000, although the last update date does change. However, every subsequent update check keeps saying there is a new update.

#3 nemmi69

nemmi69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:36 PM

I am having the exact same problem too.

I also have 61.0000. Update stays there is a new version (I assume 62.0000) so I download it and it finishes without problem but the version number stays at 61.0000, although the last update date does change. However, every subsequent update check keeps saying there is a new update.

Download from http://download.lava...public/core.zip
Extract the file (core.aawdef) directly to the Ad-Aware 2007 folder (C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007) *
Close and restart Ad-Aware.
When Ad-aware is restarted.

Go to Web Update
Select Settings
Select the button (…) by Use Definition File is
A box will open called Select definition file to use
Select the file core.aawdef and click Open
Go to Status and it should show the new date for the definition file

Shouldd do the job :)

#4 LS CalamityJane

LS CalamityJane

Former Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8814 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:00 PM

The Development Team has found the problem setting that is causing Ad-Aware to crash on updating!

A permanent fix will be forthcoming but probably not until next week due to the Easter Holiday

For now this workaround works!

Please follow the instruction posted here:
Workaround for Updates Crashing Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasofts...showtopic=17105

Thank you so much for all your reports and we apologize for the inconvenience this has been causing. Thank you also for your patience in this matter.
Please do NOT send Private Messages to Staff or helpers to request assistance! We do not give a personal support via PM The way to request help is to post a NEW TOPIC in the appropriate forum.

Look for the *New Topic* Button near the top right when viewing the forums.

Here in the forums, replies are posted to topics only. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
Plus and Pro Ad-Aware users (only) may use the Support Center for personal assistance:
Support Center

Microsoft MVP/Windows - Security 2003-2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users