• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 verypuzzled

verypuzzled

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:14 PM

I am trying to uninstall Ad-Aware SE. It is not listed in the Contol Panel Add/Remove programs. The Help file in the program tells me to do the following:

1. Go to the "Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal" folder in your Start menu

2. Run "Uninstall Ad-Aware SE Personal"

3. Select Uninstall Method

Select "Automatic" and click "Next"

4. The uninstall of Ad-Aware SE Personal is completed when the program exits

When I do Step 2, all I get is an Open dialog box. What am I supposed to open?

Please help!

#2 spike-nz

spike-nz

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3092 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:24 AM

Hi verypuzzled,

Please follow the steps in this FAQ (when in doubt, check the FAQ's): I am unable to uninstall my Ad-Aware SE. I receive a message saying, "Can’t find Install.log."

After following the FAQ steps, please download and install the Microsoft Windows Install Clean-up Utility (WICU) from here - locate any references to Ad-Aware and highlight/remove.
If none are listed, you have successfully removed AAW SE from your system.

Regards,

Spike

#3 verypuzzled

verypuzzled

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 08:03 AM

Hi verypuzzled,

Please follow the steps in this FAQ (when in doubt, check the FAQ's): I am unable to uninstall my Ad-Aware SE. I receive a message saying, "Can’t find Install.log."

After following the FAQ steps, please download and install the Microsoft Windows Install Clean-up Utility (WICU) from here - locate any references to Ad-Aware and highlight/remove.

Regards,

Spike

Thanks, Spike. That seems to have worked. I did look at the FAQ before I posted, but since I didn't get that message ("Can’t find Install.log."), I didn't think it was relevant.

#4 spike-nz

spike-nz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3092 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 08:11 AM

I tend to agree - it might be better named simply "I am unable to uninstall my Ad-Aware SE"

Regards,

Spike

#5 saab

saab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:45 AM

Hi.. sorry for budding in.. but I have been trying to uninstall Ad-Aware SE Personal since last night. I also downloaded the Windows Install Clean-up Utility and it's not listed.. yet it is on my system..

Could someone please tell me how to do an unistall the program.. It makes me wonder how reliable this program is.. if you need a book to unistall the darn thing.. :wub:

This is taking waay too much time and energy.. isn't there a simple solution?

Hi verypuzzled,

Regards,

Spike

Saab

#6 spike-nz

spike-nz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3092 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:35 AM

Hi saab,

Have you followed the rest of the "manual removal" steps in the FAQ mentioned? (The WICU is not a 'single-bullet" response, simply a tool in the removal of programs from Windows OS).

Regards,

Spike

#7 saab

saab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:24 PM

Hi saab,

Have you followed the rest of the "manual removal" steps in the FAQ mentioned? (The WICU is not a 'single-bullet" response, simply a tool in the removal of programs from Windows OS).

Regards,

Spike

Thank you for your response; and yes I did look at the unistall methods that were mentioned. However, what is so frustrating is that Adaware Se doesn't seem to be in any of my program files.. I perhaps messed something up when I downloaded the last build etc..

I'm not going to pretend I know what I'm doing.. I don't.
But, the program has always updated the definition files etc and scanned my computer. In addition there is no "unregaaw.exe"... just a "UNWISE.EXE"

In truth, I haven't scanned and/ or used this program on a consistent basis; so, is it possible I inadvertently unistalled the program by accident; and yet, it still functions?
I'm at a loss.
Thank you for your assistance.
Saab

#8 spike-nz

spike-nz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3092 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:40 AM

Hi saab,

My apologies for the (very) late reply - life is a bit busy at the moment.

What happens when you run "UNWISE.EXE" ? That should uninstall AAW SE itself.

If that doesn't work, complete the rest of the FAQ steps concerning the files and folders to manually delete.

Regards,

Spike

#9 joanied

joanied

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 11:32 PM

Hi saab,

My apologies for the (very) late reply - life is a bit busy at the moment.

What happens when you run "UNWISE.EXE" ? That should uninstall AAW SE itself.

If that doesn't work, complete the rest of the FAQ steps concerning the files and folders to manually delete.

Regards,

Spike

Spike,
Hope I am not buttin' in here...I also posted about this not uninstalling problem in another topic section, and you replied to me.
Like saab, AdAware will not go away. I followed the manual uninstall intructions, I used Windows CleanUp, add/remove, ZsoftUninstall...
the darn thing is not listed in any of the above utilites, yet there it is in my Program Files...except that UNWISE.EXE is not listed.
This is gotten to be a huge problem and taking up way too much time...please...how do we get AdAware to uninstall...why on Earth do they make a program like this anyway. I cannot beleive this!!
Please...can you offer further help for us.
Thanks so much

#10 spike-nz

spike-nz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3092 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 07:52 AM

Hi joanied,

I've replied in detail in your own topic ;)

Regards,

Spike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users