• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rockngcc

rockngcc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:53 AM

I have done every thing I can to remove this STUPID Soft ware!!
Can some one PLEASE help me?
Thank you for your time.
Janice

#2 spike-nz

spike-nz

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3092 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:59 AM

Hi Janice,

I have already responded to your post in this thread.

There is an AAW SE FAQ which sets out how to manually uninstall: I am unable to uninstall my Ad-Aware SE. I receive a message saying, "Can’t find Install.log."

There are several alternatives you can use to uninstall Ad-Aware SE:

• Click "Uninstall Ad-Aware" in the Lavasoft folder of your Start menu.
  • If you are unable to do that, open your control panel, click "Add/remove programs," and locate Ad-Aware SE.
  • Another method to uninstall is to locate and double-click the file "unwise.exe" (the .exe may not be shown). You should be able to find this file in C:\program files\lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE [Personal/Plus/Professional]\.
If the above alternatives do not work, or you get a message saying, "Can’t find Install.log," you will need to manually uninstall the software. To do this:
  • Click on "My Computer" and locate your Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE folder (C:\program files\lavasoft\ad-aware).
  • Run the file "unregaaw.exe".
  • Delete the entire Ad-Aware SE folder.
  • Delete your Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE link in your Start menu (if present).
  • Delete the Ad-Aware SE icon (s) from your desktop (if present).
  • Navigate to "C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name] \Application Data\Lavasoft" and delete the entire Lavasoft folder.
  • Empty your trash bin.
  • Reboot your computer.

Before rebooting at the end of the process, click on "Start > Run" and type in cleanmgr then hit Enter.

Clean out any leftovers found before rebooting.

To ensure that all traces of Ad-Aware SE Personal have been removed, please download and install this program "Microsoft Windows Install Clean-up Utility" (WICU) from here,

Please run the WICU locating and removing all traces (either program or registry) of Ad-Aware.

Please advise how you get on.

Regards,

Spike

#3 ms purple

ms purple

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:38 AM

[topic="Adware SE"]It may be a blessing in disguise[/topic]

You may want to re-think removing the SE. I did and upgraded to the 2007...which in my opinion can't compare to the SE. I sure wish I hadn't removed mine!!!! Read the feedback on the new 2207...it's not good.

I have done every thing I can to remove this STUPID Soft ware!!
Can some one PLEASE help me?
Thank you for your time.
Janice

#4 Madeline9

Madeline9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:01 AM

[topic="Adware SE"]It may be a blessing in disguise[/topic]

You may want to re-think removing the SE. I did and upgraded to the 2007...which in my opinion can't compare to the SE. I sure wish I hadn't removed mine!!!! Read the feedback on the new 2207...it's not good.

I had trouble with AAW 2007 too, so I reverted to SE via System Restore. I know it's a bit late for you on this occasion, but always create a restore point before installing any new software/program in case things go wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users