• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jaclab

jaclab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:17 AM

Anytime I've scanned, my results have either been MRU (don't know if I should ignore these or remove), or Tracking Cookies, which I've always removed, but in the older versions of Ad-aware I think they just went into Quarentine. Tonight after my scan ran it's come up with 4 critical objects; Family is Win32.TrojanKillProc; Category is Malware & TAI is 10. It shows the 4 objects as File C:\Cleanup-2007\fix\V. I know this must be bad stuff since the devil is showing up; however, I don't know if I'm supposed to Remove it or Quarantine it. Are there certain things that should be removed at all times & other things that should be Quarantined? I'm pretty good on computers, but when it comes to knowing what to do with these spyware stuff I"m really lost. Can anyone out there help me, Pleeeese??? Never had this problem with just plain dial-up; but recently went to DSL. Does this make a difference as to the attacks we can get?

#2 Raziel v. Nosgoth

Raziel v. Nosgoth

Advanced Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 3114 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:26 AM

Hi jaclab :D
at first set a System Restore Point before start cleaning.
next step: clean up your system from malware with Threat Analyse Index 10.

MRU's and Tracking cookies ... have a look to >> http://lavasoft.com/..._categories.php <<
MRU's are low risk entries that some AntiSpy detect and alert and others not.
I,for my selves , have removed MRU's which appeared only from time to time and those that returns every day I have
set to ignore list.

TAI 3 ( or higher ) I would delete categorically. The only thing that could happen is, you have to log in manually ( so notice
your passwords ) . If you know for which program the Cookie is needful you can also set it to Quarantine/Ignore.

Hope it helps
Cheers :)
Raziel

Edited by Raziel v. Nosgoth, 06 February 2008 - 06:27 AM.

vae victis
( morituri te salutant )

#3 pmindiola

pmindiola

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 05:41 PM

Hi jaclab ;)
at first set a System Restore Point before start cleaning.
next step: clean up your system from malware with Threat Analyse Index 10.

Thanks for that information but apparently ad-aware 2007 is incapable of removing the treats it has detected during its scan. Win32.Backdoor.Agent and Win32.TrojanSpy.Peed, they both have a TAI of 10.

I am looking for an alternative in the web, BTW the platform is XP and I am also running AntiVir, Spywareblaster, and Spybot S&D.

I had a previous problem with Ad-aware SE where it would detect but not remove a trojan idntified as Tr:Zspybot.nm where it would detect it but not remove it so i found a utility called The Cleaner from MOO live which solved the problem.

However only Ad-aware 2007 detects these threats, I would ignore them if it wasnt for the high level TAI.

Patrick

#4 spike-nz

spike-nz

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3092 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:32 AM

Patrick,

Given the serious TAI levels, please start a new Topic in the HijackThis Logs section, where you can receive assistance from the Malware experts.

Please read this Topic here first: IMPORTANT: Before You Post Read This!

Regards,

Spike

#5 jaclab

jaclab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:51 PM

Thanks everyone for your assistance. I just went ahead and removed the stuff. This is too complicated for me. I don't know the person that said I shouldn't contact them directly. I'm sorry if I did something wrong, but I'm just learning little by little about these forums. I appreciate your patience with me; and hopefully, won't have anymore problems. Thank you again for your assistance.

jaclab

#6 Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:01 PM

Thanks everyone for your assistance. I just went ahead and removed the stuff. This is too complicated for me. I don't know the person that said I shouldn't contact them directly. I'm sorry if I did something wrong, but I'm just learning little by little about these forums. I appreciate your patience with me; and hopefully, won't have anymore problems. Thank you again for your assistance.

jaclab

I'm in the same boat, not really understanding all of this. But I'll keep trying to learn!! At the moment, I do not have a functional anti-spyware program. Both Ad-aware and spybot are not funcrioning. Lee Robinson W. Palm Beach, FL robincom@comcast.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users