• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TheCandyRapper

TheCandyRapper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 09:36 PM

i've been having trouble playing music on my laptop...it will slow down and distort.
whenever i use iTunes, it will send my CPU usage all the way up; even if it is the only application used.

i've quit applications, cleared out my hard drive.
i ran disk-cleanup and defragmented twice.
i've ran Spybot and Windows Defender.
however, when i run Ad-Aware, it stalls out around 150000 and C:/WINDOWS/system32/inetsrv
i opened that folder and found nothing.

this is driving me crazy!!! my laptop hates me :)
please help!

Janice

#2 LS CalamityJane

LS CalamityJane

Former Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8814 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:27 PM

Hello Janice

Have you ruled out any virus or trojan infections? I would recommend an online scan at one of the following (do a full system scan). The reason for doing an online scan is that some infections will disable your Antivirus installed on your PC to hide it's presence.

If any infections are found, save the log from the scan and post it back here:
eTrust Antivirus Web Scanner
http://www3.ca.com/s...sinfo/scan.aspx
(if prompted, please *allow* Active X and the install of software - this is needed to scan your system)
It will take a while to download the updates needed, and then you'll be presented with a screen to scan your system.

Ewido free online scanner
http://www.ewido.net/en/onlinescan/

Trend Micro (PC-cillin) - Free on-line Scan
http://housecall.antivirus.com

Panda's Active Scan
http://www.pandasoft.../activescan.htm
If that doesn't solve the Adaware problem, here is my list of things to try

First, do a disk cleanup to clear the browser cache and other unnecessary files.

Go to Start > Run and type in the box: Cleanmgr
Wait while Windows scans your system for files to delete.
Make sure these 3 are checkmarked and press *ok* to delete them.

Temporary Files
Temporary Internet Files
Recycle Bin

If you are still having a problem, there can be a number of reasons for this issue. Please try these steps next to see if any resolve the problem.

From the Ad-Aware FAQ

Q: Ad-Aware freezes while performing a scan.

A: There are a number of possible reasons behind this problem. To correct:

* First, update to Build 1.06 and download the latest definition file if you have not done so.
* Second, it is highly recommended that you run a disk defragmentation on your computer, then a thorough “Check? or “Scan Disk? depending on your Windows version. Try scanning in safe mode.
* Third, start Ad-Aware scan from the Windows command line. Do as follows:
o Click "Start", then "Run". Next, type the text shown below (including the quotation marks and with the same spacing as shown) for your version of Ad-Aware SE:
"C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Professional\Ad-Aware.exe" /full +procnuke
"C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Plus\Ad-Aware.exe" /full +procnuke
"C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Ad-Aware.exe" +procnukep
o Click “OK?.
o Note: The path above (between the quotes) is the default location of Ad-Aware SE. If you installed your Ad-Aware to a different directory, adjust the path accordingly. For Ad-Aware SE Personal, when the GUI launches, click “Start?, then “Full System Scan?. Click “Next?, then “OK?.
o When the scan is complete, select “Next?. In the “Scanning Results? window, select the "Scan Summary" tab. Check the box next to each "target family" you wish to remove, then click “Next?, then OK?.
* If you still have problems, cancel before the scan reaches the point of stalling -- for example, after 20 objects are detected. Click “Cancel? on your log file. Remove any objects you want and rescan. Again, stop the scan before it reaches the point of stalling and remove any additional objects. Then try a full scan without stopping it. This should work for you now.

If still no joy, try these steps:

Ad-Aware Freezing Issue
http://www.lavasofts...783&hl=Freezing

One other observation is that certain security software all running at the same time can cause conflicts. A number of Adaware users who also are running the beta version of SpySweeper have reported that disabling SpySweeper during an Adaware scan has resolved that conflict.
To temporarily disable SpySweeper:

Open it click >Options over to the left then >Program Options >Uncheck "load at windows startup".
Over to the left click "shields" and uncheck all there.
Uncheck "home page shield".
Uncheck "automatically restore default without notification".[/quote]
Reboot your computer and try scanning again with Adaware.

Let us know how you make out on all of the above, or if any of those steps resolve the problem.
Please do NOT send Private Messages to Staff or helpers to request assistance! We do not give a personal support via PM The way to request help is to post a NEW TOPIC in the appropriate forum.

Look for the *New Topic* Button near the top right when viewing the forums.

Here in the forums, replies are posted to topics only. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
Plus and Pro Ad-Aware users (only) may use the Support Center for personal assistance:
Support Center

Microsoft MVP/Windows - Security 2003-2009

#3 TheCandyRapper

TheCandyRapper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 07:53 PM

thank you CalamityJane!

i ran the Panda scan:

Incident Status Location

Spyware:Cookie/Casalemedia Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[.casalemedia.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/RealMedia Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[.realmedia.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/YieldManager Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[ad.yieldmanager.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Com.com Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[.com.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Serving-sys Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[.bs.serving-sys.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Serving-sys Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[.serving-sys.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Zedo Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[.zedo.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Statcounter Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[.statcounter.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/BurstNet Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[.burstnet.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/bravenetA Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[.bravenet.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/BurstBeacon Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[www.burstbeacon.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/WUpd Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[.revenue.net/]
Spyware:Cookie/360i Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[.ct.360i.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Falkag Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[.as-us.falkag.net/]
Spyware:Cookie/Belnk Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[.belnk.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Go Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[.go.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Maxserving Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[.maxserving.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/adultfriendfinder Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[.adultfriendfinder.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Peel Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[.peel.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/myaffiliateprogram Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[www.myaffiliateprogram.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/myaffiliateprogram Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[.www.myaffiliateprogram.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/myaffiliateprogram Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[www.myaffiliateprogram.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Atwola Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[.atwola.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Apmebf Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[.apmebf.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Adrevolver Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[.adrevolver.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/DomainSponsor Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[landing.domainsponsor.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Searchportal Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[searchportal.information.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/web-stat Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5v4xnt5b.default\cookies.txt[www.web-stat.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/YieldManager Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Cookies\jadeykoolaid@ad.yieldmanager[1].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Atwola Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Cookies\jadeykoolaid@atwola[2].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Belnk Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Cookies\jadeykoolaid@belnk[1].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Belnk Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Cookies\jadeykoolaid@dist.belnk[2].txt
Spyware:Cookie/RealMedia Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Cookies\jadeykoolaid@realmedia[1].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Statcounter Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\JadeyKoolAid\Cookies\jadeykoolaid@statcounter[1].txt
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/MyWebSearch Not disinfected C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\NPMyWebS.dll
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/MyWebSearch Not disinfected C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\riched20.dll
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/MyWebSearch Not disinfected C:\WINDOWS\system32\f3PSSavr.scr

i had a virus that VirusScan picked up and i deleted it...

a weird thing is, many of the other online scanners stalled on me??
however, Ad-Aware is still stalling at c://windows/system32/inetsrv...what gives?!
::sigh::

i've ran disk cleanup and defragemented.
i don't have spysweeper.

i have no objects found before Ad-Aware stalls.

thank you again!

#4 LS CalamityJane

LS CalamityJane

Former Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8814 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:08 PM

Nothing exceptional from the Panda scan - mostly just cookies

Did you empty the TIF and temporary files folders?

Let's look at a diagnostic log from HijackThis:
Instructions on creating a HijackThis Log
http://www.lavasofts...p?showtopic=216
Please do NOT send Private Messages to Staff or helpers to request assistance! We do not give a personal support via PM The way to request help is to post a NEW TOPIC in the appropriate forum.

Here in the forums, replies are posted to topics only. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
Plus and Pro Ad-Aware users (only) may use the Support Center for personal assistance:
Support Center

#5 TheCandyRapper

TheCandyRapper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 04:45 AM

here's my HijackThis logfile:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:43:40 PM, on 7/9/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\HPQ\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\InterVideo\Common\Bin\WinRemote.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\PeerGuardian2\pg2.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\vstskmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\HPQ\SHARED\HPQWMI.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1135618882\ee\aolsoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\JADEYK~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.156\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.yahoo.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.apple.com...cktime/download
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: HP view - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\HPDTLK02.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cpqset] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Default Settings\cpqset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LSBWatcher] c:\hp\drivers\hplsbwatcher\lsburnwatcher.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpWirelessAssistant] "%ProgramFiles%\HPQ\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShStatEXE] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE" /STANDALONE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfeeUpdaterUI] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe" /StartedFromRunKey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WINREMOTE] "C:\Program Files\InterVideo\Common\Bin\WinRemote.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PeerGuardian] C:\Program Files\PeerGuardian2\pg2.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=Q305&bd=pavilion&pf=laptop
O16 - DPF: {14C1B87C-3342-445F-9B5E-365FF330A3AC} (Hewlett-Packard Online Support Services) - http://h20278.www2.h...DataManager.CAB
O16 - DPF: {6E5A37BF-FD42-463A-877C-4EB7002E68AE} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent 6.5) - http://housecall65.t...ivex/hcImpl.cab
O16 - DPF: {7B297BFD-85E4-4092-B2AF-16A91B2EA103} (WScanCtl Class) - http://www3.ca.com/s...nfo/webscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoft...free/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://cdn2.zone.msn...ro.cab34246.cab
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: HP WMI Interface (hpqwmi) - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\HPQ\SHARED\HPQWMI.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Framework Service (McAfeeFramework) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
O23 - Service: Network Associates McShield (McShield) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: Network Associates Task Manager (McTaskManager) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\vstskmgr.exe

#6 LS CalamityJane

LS CalamityJane

Former Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8814 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:18 PM

You've got an awful lot of Security programs all running realtime protection and that may be causing a conflict. Plus I see two AVs running? AVG & McAfee? Both of those may need to be turned off to do a scan. Also Spybot's teatimer and Windows Defender have realtime protection. All those running at once may be causing slowdowns.

One thing to check - can you reboot to safe mode and scan with Ad-Aware. Is it able to complete a scan in safe mode?

You can usually do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping F8 until a menu appears. Highlight Safe Mode and hit enter.

How to start the computer in Safe mode
http://service1.syma...src=sec_doc_nam

Support Center

#7 TheCandyRapper

TheCandyRapper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 06:21 PM

i did do a scan on Safe mode, it stalled at the same place as well.

#8 TheCandyRapper

TheCandyRapper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 06:22 PM

oh...also, i used to do scans with McAfee on all the time...
do you know which ones i should keep on and which ones i could do without?

#9 LS CalamityJane

LS CalamityJane

Former Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8814 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 06:43 PM

Keep your programs if you like, just don't have them all running realtime protection at startup. So, if Mcafee is your primary AV and you have AVG on board for backup, turn OFF the resident protection in AVG while McAfee is on.

Teatimer might be slowing the computer too, if you have Windows Defender running realtime then turn off teatimer.

Did you try the CHKDISK step in this instruction?:
http://www.lavasofts...783&hl=Freezing

Support Center

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users