7 replies to this topic

#1 KAKADU

KAKADU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:36 PM

Hi

I recently purchased adaware pro which I updated from FREE version with serial number from e amil.

Programme worked fine but then had problem with computer and I had to reinstall windows.

I have downloaded application again via e mail from lavesoft and FREE version works fine but I cannot register for PRO version.

I cut and paste serial number from E Mail but when system tries to connect to web I get the following message.

STATUS_INVALID_SERIAL_NUMBER.

Regards

John

#2 drjohn3593

drjohn3593

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 09:04 PM

I am having the same problem - In fact, had that problem originally last summer - I have switched to another laptop (SAME exact build) and still no luck - I get "Serial number invalid" - but like I said we had same problem when we first bought the software last summer.

i tried updating the software first - kept also getting "server is too busy" message (although updates eventually went through) - So I don't know if I need to try again later for registration problem??

#3 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

Valued Member and HJT Analyst

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1082 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 09:36 PM

Welcome to the Lavasoft Support Forum

The problem that you are experiencing is that the new registration system has noticed that your configuration has changed - this happens both with new systems or hardware upgrades to an existing one (if you are forever tinkering around with your PC, this process will become a bit of a pain). It is part of the system designed to stop piracy, which was quite prevalent with Ad-Aware SE Plus/Pro.

Open Ad-Aware and in the "License Status" panel, click on 'Upgrade" - in the registration window is a "Hardware Fingerprint".

You will need to contact Support, giving them this fingerprint and as much data as possible - ie: date of purchase, Reference Number and your previous Serial Number (if you still have your registration email, attach a copy) - they will then generate an "Unlock Key", with instructions on how to use it (you may have noticed that tab in the registration window).

Please let me know if this works.

Regards,
SpySentinel
PM for support will not be answered, please post in the appropriate forum, thank you.

Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

#4 shond

shond

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:08 PM

I have tried to contact support several times through email and attached all the information you listed and they have yet to reply to my emails.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Welcome to the Lavasoft Support Forum

The problem that you are experiencing is that the new registration system has noticed that your configuration has changed - this happens both with new systems or hardware upgrades to an existing one (if you are forever tinkering around with your PC, this process will become a bit of a pain). It is part of the system designed to stop piracy, which was quite prevalent with Ad-Aware SE Plus/Pro.

Open Ad-Aware and in the "License Status" panel, click on 'Upgrade" - in the registration window is a "Hardware Fingerprint".

You will need to contact Support, giving them this fingerprint and as much data as possible - ie: date of purchase, Reference Number and your previous Serial Number (if you still have your registration email, attach a copy) - they will then generate an "Unlock Key", with instructions on how to use it (you may have noticed that tab in the registration window).

Please let me know if this works.

Regards,
SpySentinel

#5 btthevoice

btthevoice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:02 AM

Same problems with me and support.
Nobody home.
A real bad taste in my mouth over Lavasoft.

#6 heywhynot

heywhynot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:01 AM

I am curious, has Lavasoft actually corrected this situation for anyone? I've been a loyal Spy Sweeper user for years and only bought AAW Pro on the recommendation of the store where I bought my last computer. Haven't even had the computer for three months and had to reload XP Pro. Now I can't get AAW PRO back and can't even register for online support. This is not the way to win over users...

#7 shond

shond

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 01:56 PM

I have already tried to contact them by email (several times) with all the information and they never respond.

#8 Raziel v. Nosgoth

Raziel v. Nosgoth

Advanced Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 3114 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:27 PM

Hi

I recently purchased adaware pro which I updated from FREE version with serial number from e amil.

Programme worked fine but then had problem with computer and I had to reinstall windows.

I have downloaded application again via e mail from lavesoft and FREE version works fine but I cannot register for PRO version.

I cut and paste serial number from E Mail but when system tries to connect to web I get the following message.

STATUS_INVALID_SERIAL_NUMBER.

Regards

John

Hello John
I've sent you a pers. mess. with further advice.
Have a look to you Inbox ( My Controls ' )
Cheerio
Raziel
vae victis
( morituri te salutant )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users