• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 svat

svat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 03:08 PM

With Ad-aware SE, I know how to manual update, copy new file defs.ref to installation folder.
But with Ad-aware 2007, in installation folder, I dont' see file core.aawdef, and after I copy manual update file core.aawdef (in file zip from web) to installtion folder, I reopen program Ad-ware and see it doesn't work. It doesn't update.
Please help me and send solutions to my email, thank you very much.
sxxxxxxxxxe@yahoo.com

Edited by spike-nz, 24 October 2007 - 04:58 AM.
To remove email address from public forum

#2 Sher

Sher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 04:49 PM

With Ad-aware SE, I know how to manual update, copy new file defs.ref to installation folder.
But with Ad-aware 2007, in installation folder, I dont' see file core.aawdef, and after I copy manual update file core.aawdef (in file zip from web) to installtion folder, I reopen program Ad-ware and see it doesn't work. It doesn't update.
Please help me and send solutions to my email, thank you very much.

The core.aawdef file is located at: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007

Edited by LS CalamityJane, 27 October 2007 - 07:26 PM.
removed email address from quoted text

#3 arsin29

arsin29

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 03:00 AM

The core.aawdef file is located at: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007

This is great. I decided to start and try using ad-aware again but the laptop I'm trying to use it on is severely infected so I don't have it on the network. Is this going to be the same location for the DEF.REF file? I couldn't find the answer for this.

Thanks in advance!

arsin

#4 spike-nz

spike-nz

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3092 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 04:46 AM

Hi arsin,

Is this going to be the same location for the DEF.REF file?

The Defs.ref file is the definitions file for Ad-Aware SE 1.06, which is the previous version of Ad-Aware.

If you are still using Ad-Aware SE, please see this AAW SE FAQ: I cannot perform a web update of the Definition File after upgrading Ad-Aware SE; there is an error in retrieving the update.

This not only explains how to manually update the SE Defs, but gives the correct location to install the download file to, which is (by default) C:\program files\lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE\

The latest Definition files for both AAW SE and AAW2007 are available here

LS_Website___Defs_Download_3.gif

Make sure that you select the correct version.

Regards,

Spike

PS: Once you have run Ad-Aware, if you are unsure whether you are still infected, please start a new Topic of your own in this forum section: HijackThis Logs

Before posting, please read these instructions: IMPORTANT: Before You Post Read This!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users