• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jean220

jean220

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 10:40 PM

After I run a scan, I o.k. the system restore point,on my Ad-Aware. can anyone tell me where I can find this in my computer? I think I deleted some cookies that I need.
I have the free version of Ad_Aware 2007, please tell me where I can find my system restore log, I cant login to my yahoo mail, thanks so much.

#2 spike-nz

spike-nz

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3092 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:59 AM

Hi jean220,

Firstly, System Restore is located (in Win XP) in Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

However, it is used for recording your PC's system state (registry entries etc) before any changes are made, rather than simple text files like cookies, so you would not be able to recover a cookie using System Restore.

Hopefully, in your AAW 2007 Free, you chose under Settings > Auto Scans the option to "Quarantine objects prior to removal":

Quarantine___Ignore___arrows_2.gif

This places any items that you delete into a Quarantine folder, from where it can be recovered in need. Look under Scan > Quarantine & Ignore:

Quarantine___Ignore_1.gif

Select the Quarantined objects (in this case cookies) that you require and click on Restore. Then re-scan and in the scan results under Privacy Objects, choose the wanted Cookies and put them into "Ignore:

Scan_Results___Ignore.gif

That way, whenever you scan in future, theses cookies won't be detected again.

Unfortunately, if you have not quarantined them, the cookies are gone for good - you will have to refer to any emails/printouts with your Yahoo Mail login data to access it again (or use whatever online facilities Yahoo Mail has for retrieving your login data for you).

Regards,

Spike

#3 ror

ror

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 04:47 PM

After I run a scan, I o.k. the system restore point,on my Ad-Aware. can anyone tell me where I can find this in my computer? I think I deleted some cookies that I need.
I have the free version of Ad_Aware 2007, please tell me where I can find my system restore log, I cant login to my yahoo mail, thanks so much.

I also have the free 2007. After I scan I hit the "set" system restore but i get a popup "system restore failed"
winxp.

any ideas ?

#4 spike-nz

spike-nz

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3092 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:33 AM

Hello ror,

Check to make sure that System Restore is turned on in your settings - navigate to Start > Settings > Control Panel > System and select the "System Restore" tab.

System_Restore_properties.gif

If it is turned on already, what happens when you run it by itself (ie: not from within AAW 2007). If you haven't put a shortcut on your desktop, you can find it at Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.

Open the program and try and create a new Restore Point as at today's date:

System_Restore__4_.gif

Select "Create a restore point" and "Next":

System_Restore__5_.gif

If you want give the restore point a name (eg: B4 AAW 2007 Scan etc) then "Create":

Does it work, or do you get another error message?

Regards,

Spike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users