Posted 19 September 2007 - 01:55 PM
is missing. I cannot delete the old software thus installation of the latest version
is impossible. Hope erase tool can be provided to enable replacement of old
software and thank for the kind assistance!
Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:50 AM
When you refer to the "old software", I presume that you mean Ad-Aware SE 1.06?
If so, please see this FAQ: I Am Unable To Uninstall My Ad-aware Program
If you wish to remove our product, try these alternatives:
If that does not work, or if you get a message saying something like "Can't find Install.log," perform a manual uninstall, which is not a very difficult procedure. Do the following:
- 1. Click "uninstall Ad-Aware" in the Lavasoft folder of your start menu
- 2. If it does not work, open your control panel, click add/remove programs and locate Ad-Aware SE
- 3. If it still does not work, locate and run (double-click) the file "unwise.exe" (the .exe might not be shown). It should be found in C:\program files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE [Personal/Plus/Professional]\
- 1. Click on "my computer" and navigate to your Lavasoft Ad-Aware folder (C:\program files\Lavasoft\ad-aware \
- 2. Run the file unregaaw.exe
- 3. Delete the entire ad-aware folder
- 4. Delete your Lavasoft Ad-Aware link in your start menu (if present)
- 5. Delete the Ad-Aware icon(s) from your desktop(if present)
- 6. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\Lavasoft and delete the entire Lavasoft folder.
- 7. Empty your trash bin
- 8. Reboot.
Posted 21 September 2007 - 10:23 AM
Firstly, thank you very much for the reply!
Your guess is right, my old software is Ad-Aware SE 1.06.
There is no response for the first alternative given, and the manual uninstal is impossible since "unregaaw.exe" doesn't work at all. How can I do now or can you suggest where I can download and install that software? Please advise and thanks a lot!
Posted 22 September 2007 - 03:59 AM
OK - there are two ways you can go - firstly, reinstall AAW SE 1.06 over the top and see if the Add/Remove or "unregaaw.exe" now work correctly (if you didn't keep a copy of the AAW SE executable, it is still available from FileHippo here: Ad-Aware Personal 1.06r1 ). Select the correct version from the right hand side menu, then click on "Download" and save it somewhere such as C:\Downloads\ and run it from there:
It may detect the current install and offer to replace it - if it does, let it, otherwise just let the install proceed.
If that doesn't pan out and you are still unable to re-install/uninstall, follow the rest of the "Manual Uninstall" steps, excluding running "unregaaw.exe", then try downloading the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from here and run that and clean out any traces of Ad-Aware SE 1.06 that it finds.
Then download Ad-Aware 2007 184.108.40.206 - once installed, click on "Update" in the main Status window. Firstly, it will look for and download the latest Definitions, then it will look for program updates, upgrading you to v 220.127.116.11 (the current build).
Post back with how you get on.
Posted 24 September 2007 - 04:32 PM
Posted 25 September 2007 - 04:25 AM
Don't forget to download updates to version 18.104.22.168 - open AAW 2007, click on "Update" and firstly download the new Defs 0023.0000 released yesterday, then you will be offered the Program Updates. Just follow the instructions as they appear.
subsequent installation of latest version 22.214.171.124
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users