• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Geri

Geri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 06:09 PM

I ran a scan with AdAware yesterday and it showed 2 entries on Adware.CDN. I clicked to remove it, but today it shows up again. I want to quarantine it but I am told that I am not entering a proper file. I would also like to get rid of it. It shows as a RegKey. I can't get any info when I go to Lavasoft's Tac Page either. Can someone please advise me? I am using the free version and I am updated.

#2 Geri

Geri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:00 PM

I ran a scan with AdAware yesterday and it showed 2 entries on Adware.CDN. I clicked to remove it, but today it shows up again. I want to quarantine it but I am told that I am not entering a proper file. What is a proper file extension? I would also like to get rid of it. It shows as a RegKey. I can't get any info when I go to Lavasoft's Tac Page either. Can someone please advise me? I am using the free version and I am updated. I saw another post on this topic and it looks like it will be resolved shortly, but I would still like to know the correct file information for future reference.

#3 spike-nz

spike-nz

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3092 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:00 AM

Hi Geri,

It appears to be a false-positive, which will be corrected in the next Definitions update - for now, after the scan, select the 2 Adware.CDN entries and select "Add to Ignore".

Once the new Definitions are released, open the Ignore list:
For AAW 2007:

Attached File  Quarantine___Ignore___arrows.gif   61.33KB   115 downloads

For AAW SE 1.06:

Attached File  AAW_Status_Screen___Ignore_Quarantine_Lists.gif   64.34KB   92 downloads

Select the Ignored Adware.CDN entries and delete/remove them. Then run the scan with the up-dated definitions and they should no longer be detected.

Regards,

Spike

NB: It pays to keep an eye on the False Positives section of the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users