• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 E9B6

E9B6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:13 AM

I ran AAW2007 and it reported problems with hidownload. I quarantined the items (which included registry) and next time I tried to run Hidownload it had disappeared. I reloaded from the setup program and it ran correctly.

My question is - why does AAW think that Hidownload is malicious and how can I prevent it from reporting as such in the future.

#2 LS Pekka

LS Pekka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:19 AM

Hi E9B6!

Our AAW2007 test scans didn't generate any issues with HiDownload Version 6.99.
Could you please post the logfile from your AAW2007 scan and also post info about which
(OS) Operating System you are using.

Regards,

Pekka

Lavasoft Research

#3 LS CalamityJane

LS CalamityJane

Former Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8814 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:26 PM

Hello, E9B6

Still waiting on a response from you as requested by LS Pekka above. Are you still having this question? If not, let us know so I can move this to the resolved section. Otherwise, please post the info requested so we can investigate or advise further.
Please do NOT send Private Messages to Staff or helpers to request assistance! We do not give a personal support via PM The way to request help is to post a NEW TOPIC in the appropriate forum.

Look for the *New Topic* Button near the top right when viewing the forums.

Here in the forums, replies are posted to topics only. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
Plus and Pro Ad-Aware users (only) may use the Support Center for personal assistance:
Support Center

Microsoft MVP/Windows - Security 2003-2009

#4 LS CalamityJane

LS CalamityJane

Former Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8814 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:23 PM

Since there has been no further response from the original Topic Starter I'll go ahead and archive this topic in the *Resolved* section (read only). If you should have any further issues, please feel free to start a new topic.
Please do NOT send Private Messages to Staff or helpers to request assistance! We do not give a personal support via PM The way to request help is to post a NEW TOPIC in the appropriate forum.

Look for the *New Topic* Button near the top right when viewing the forums.

Here in the forums, replies are posted to topics only. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
Plus and Pro Ad-Aware users (only) may use the Support Center for personal assistance:
Support Center

Microsoft MVP/Windows - Security 2003-2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users