• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DeborahMullin

DeborahMullin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:26 PM

I just purchased Adware 2007 Plus with a 12 month license. The problem is that I cannot activate real-time protection. I have registered the product, and restarted Ad Ware, yet real time protection is still 'off.' Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you,
Debbie

#2 drdialtone

drdialtone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:40 PM

I just purchased Adware 2007 Plus with a 12 month license. The problem is that I cannot activate real-time protection. I have registered the product, and restarted Ad Ware, yet real time protection is still 'off.' Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you,
Debbie

I have the same problem Debbie. I've sent tech support an email weeks ago and all i've received is a "canned" response that does not address that problem. So, I dont have an answer for you (or myself) either. It is a concern since I do want realtime protection.

#3 LS Tobias

LS Tobias

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:54 PM

The real-time protection is activated by starting Ad-Watch, which you can do by clicking Ad-Watch in the menu and then clicking 'Start'.

If Ad-Watch will not start, something is wrong, and I would like to get some more information from you about your system

- operating system(Windows 200 or XP)? It will not run on Vista yet.
- software version of Ad-Aware 2007? It should be 7.0.1.4, which is the latest.
- other security software (Antivirus, Firewalls, etc)?

We have recently discovered that Avast Antivirus stops Ad-Watch from launching at startup and we are trying to resolve that issue ASAP.
It should run on systems with Avast installed if you start it manually.

Regards, Tobias

#4 JaySpeed

JaySpeed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 05:12 PM

Not Vista compatible explains my Ad Watch problem. I'm running Vista Home Premium. I guess its my fault for not examing the system requirements before I purchased the software. I just assumed it would work since Ad Aware SE works with Vista. Guess I'll reinstall ADA SE until 2007 gets updated to run on Vista. Wasted license time. =(

#5 st3wp1d

st3wp1d

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 07:41 PM

I've had the same problem and I just removed ad-Aware completely from my computer ( I've used Ad-Aware since version 5). So far it has shut itself down 6 times and then automatically sent information to Lavasoft. It's doesn't like norton and I'm not sure what else its unhappy with XP but I'm too frustrated to keep trying to make it work. hopefully sometime in the near future all the bugs that I thought were taken care of by the numerous beta releases and updates will be cured and i can re-install it but until then.

#6 Flivver

Flivver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:18 PM

The real-time protection is activated by starting Ad-Watch, which you can do by clicking Ad-Watch in the menu and then clicking 'Start'.

If Ad-Watch will not start, something is wrong, and I would like to get some more information from you about your system

- operating system(Windows 200 or XP)? It will not run on Vista yet.
- software version of Ad-Aware 2007? It should be 7.0.1.4, which is the latest.
- other security software (Antivirus, Firewalls, etc)?

We have recently discovered that Avast Antivirus stops Ad-Watch from launching at startup and we are trying to resolve that issue ASAP.
It should run on systems with Avast installed if you start it manually.

Regards, Tobias

Hi Tobias,

I just registered on the forum to get an answer to the same question you responded to in the reply above.

My system is W2K and I have Ad-Watch 2007 Pro 7.0.1.6, Norton AntiVirus and Zone Alarm Pro 7.6.362.000.

All Ad-Watch options are green-checked and the Ad-Watch status shows "Realtime protection" but that does not trigger "Realtime protection" on the status page of Ad-Aware. Just for the beauty of it, I would like to have the messages agree.

Thanks,

Flivver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users